Services for all in Israel
Thanks to the broad scope of Yad Sarah’s activities and services, and the compassion and caring of its large volunteer corps, the organization has become an indelible part of the fabric of every-day Israeli society. Yad Sarah is also recognized widely as a model for a humane and cost-effective approach to caring for the ill and injured at home.
With 420,000 people helped every year by 6,000 volunteers in 100+ branches, it’s no wonder that a Dahaf Institute survey concluded that “…every second family in Israel has been helped by one of Yad Sarah’s services…”
- A child who broke her foot borrows crutches
- An elderly woman is visited at home by volunteer musicians who play for her enjoyment
- A man in a wheelchair is driven by a volunteer driver to visit his family in a wheelchair-accessible van
- A terror attack survivor finds relief by sharing her experience in a weekly group meeting guided by a Yad Sarah social worker
- A 5-year old boy with cerebral palsy is finally able to walk with the help of a special walker provided by Yad Sarah
Yad Sarah’s health and home care services bring help and hope to people of all ages, enabling them to lead fuller, richer and more independent lives.